1.You may submit cover images as often as you'd like throughout the year. Each submission must have it's own entry form with model release. When emailing your submission, please include the entry form information with photo credits within the email.
2. Carefully plan your photograph with the main focus concentrated on the right side so that important features of your design will not be covered by the Stylist logo, mailing label or coverlines. See measurements below:
3. Digital Requirements: All images must be submitted via e-mail or on CD-ROM. All image files must be in JPEG (.jpg) format. Files must be a minimum of 300 DPI and no smaller than 10" x 12".
What we look for when picking a cover shot:
• Photos must be able to crop up to the head and shoulders. We cannot use full length shots.
• We like the model's eyes to be looking at you to grab the readers attention.
• Color is important. We prefer shots that don't use a gray background. Either white or bright colored backgrounds work best.
• Theme - We try to pick shots that go with the month or season. We may even pick images that go with the topic of the month. To see a schedule of 2015 editorial topics, please view our 2015 Editorial Calendar.
Mail photo submissions to:
If you have any further questions, you may contact Lisa Kind direct (503) 297-7010 x204 or email email@example.com